I bought a Theo Wanne Link mouthpiece off ebay. When I received it in the mail , it was way too bright for me. It had that Brecker type baffle in it that made it super bright. I took a screw driver and with a little pressure popped the baffle out (It’s a NY link .110 by the way). I played it and it didn’t play that great. Dark and stuffy with no projection. I went to the store and got some of that epoxy stuff that hardens in a couple of hours. Mixed the 2 chemicals or whatever the stuff is and with a tiny paint brush painted some on where the old baffle was. Next day I played it and it was a little bit better.
I did the same thing that night and played it the next day. A little better. The next night I did it again but used a bit more. The next morning I played it and it was great but……. a bit bright so…… I chipped a about a quarter inch of it out of the bottom of the baffle at the bottom of the chamber. Played it…….Bam!! One of the best mouthpieces I’ve played. This piece is fat and powerful full but bright enough to handle different situations. I’m pretty proud of myself. I took a mouthpiece that was lame and made it great. Kind of cool.